Thursday, April 06, 2006

My American Idol thoughts

Some have said that Mandisa got voted out this week because she done a Christian song last week. I don't really think it has much to do with last week, as much as what was done this week. At this point in the competition, their existence on the show is based week to week, and what was done last week is pretty much forgotten I believe.

Simon has been beating it in every week song choice is a MUST in this competition, mixed with how MANY times they've said NOT to do powerhouse signature songs of others....

When I heard the first few beats of Mandisa's music I looked at my husband and said "Oh no she is NOT doing this!"- and she did!

I'm sorry, but she ripped up and shred that song to pieces. It was horrible! It's not that she cannot sing, she just picked the worst song in the world to pick and try to make it her own, and she didn't even do that!

When dh and I were picking our bottom threes, she was the first one we both picked based on Tuesday's performances- not because she cannot perform well- but in this week, she was one of the worst IOurO. So we weren't suprised.

What I thought was interesting was a few weeks ago, Debbie and I both said that we didn't think Mandisa or Elliot unfortunately would not make it to the final two because they didn't really "look the part" of American Idol. Last night made that discussion a bit more real for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home