Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Took the first (or second?) step towards college

I got my financial aid application filled out this morning, technically a day after the deadline. But I spoke with SIL and she said they'd work it out. I should know in a few weeks how much I'll have exactly. I go tomorrow for my 2nd of 3 tests for my GED. I'm so stressed- I really hope I'm able to calm down enough to do well on the test. If your scores are good enough on the test you can get invited to apply for a thousand dollar scholarship.

I've been trying to figure out how it could possiblly work with us living separately, and to see it on paper it just seems so overwhelming. Guess it makes sense that it would look overwhelming considering I'm so overwhelmed as it is right now anyway. Financially, I don't see that big of a difference, may $80? As far as time with the kids, there's not much if any difference there, either. As stressed as I have been lately, I would probably serve as a better parent not being around them quite as much. I dunno. I mean, time with the kids separately versus together isn't much difference if we were living together, cause I would still be working the same hours. The only kicker would be when I start college, that will make an impact financially because of Hannah going in preschool 3 days a week part time (apprx $45 a week).

And what wouldwe be actually accomplishing living separately? Right off the bat I could say that we both would be learning valuable home management skills that have not been practiced in the past ten years. As far as home upkeep in a busy schedule (I'd think it would be easier IMO), budgeting, paying the bills on time- being a responsible adult? Boy that's a big wammie to think you'd need to learn that all over again. :::sigh::: I'd imagine all of that "empty" time spent here at home could be spent concentrating on our time with the Lord, and strengthening that personal relationship. Then in turn, our own spiritual relationship together could be strenthened through this experience. The only big difference would be sleeping separately, and existing as separate entities, really. But what a difference that would make.

In the end, the thought of going to him and saying I want us to separate for a while to work on our relationship would kill him. Do I really want to go through that? What assurance do I have that it would get better otherwise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home